The panoramic image is more widespread today than in the past. Therefore, language needs to expand to better explain various aspects of panoramism.
Please consider the following words:
- Panorama is the extended pictorial representation of a scene.
- Panorametry is making measurements from a panoramic image. For example, forensics, construction, or radiography.
- Panoramism is the actions, practices, state, principles, or characteristics relating to the panorama.
- Panoramist is a person who is concerned with the panorama. Is also used to describe a painter of panoramas
- Panoramograph a panoramic image generated using photographic techniques.
- Panoramographer is a person who generates a panorama.
- Panoramography using photographic methods to record a panorama.
Believe it or not, I did not make up any of these words- they are all in use. For example, panorama can mean a complete survey of a subject; therefore, panoramism could be described as the actions, practices, state, principles, or characteristics relating to that subject.
Any other definitions?