The Roundshot VR Drive, made by Seitz in Switzerland, is an automated panoramic head. It captures a series of images based on the parameters programmed into the unit by the user. The captured images are then downloaded onto a computer where they are stitched together to form the panoramic image.
The Roundshot VR Drive features:
- Compatible with a wide range of cameras- the user must supply the camera.
- Spherical (360 X 180) and cylindrical panoramas.
- In Quality Mode the camera is stopped in every position to capture a image.
- In Speed Mode the camera is rotated non-stop, and high shutter speed to capture the images.
- In Turntable Mode the camera captures the images of rotating object for object movies.
- In Time Lapse Mode the camera captures a sequence of images which are then composed into a time lapse movie.
- In Video Mode the VR Drive can perform smooth automated sweeps.
- In HDR Mode the camera’s exposure is directly controlled by the VR Drive to enable wider bracketing for 32 bit HDR images